Please carefully read the following information about privacy issues and fees structure, then sign registration form.
The main reason why information is collected by this practice is so that we can assess, diagnose and treat your illness and to be proactive in your health care needs. This means that we will use the information you provide in the following ways:
1. Administrative purposes in running the medical practice
2. Billing purposes, including compliance with Medicare and Health Insurance Commission requirements
3. Disclosure to others involved in your health care, including treating doctors and specialists outside this medical practice. This may occur through referral to other doctors, or for medical tests and in reports or results returned to us following the referrals.
2. I understand that I am not obliged to provide any information requested of me. I also understand that failure to provide this medical practice with all the information it needs may restrict the practice’s ability to provide the quality of health care and treatment that I want.
3. I am aware that I have the right to access the information collected about me, except in some circumstances where access might legitimately be withheld. I understand I will be given an explanation in these circumstances.
4. I understand that if my information is to be used for any other purpose other than set out above, my further consent will be obtained.
5. I consent to the handling of my information by this practice for the purposes set out above, subject to any limitations on access or disclosure about which I notify this practice now or at any future time.
6. I acknowledge that I have read this form before signing it and that a member of the staff of this practice has at my request clarified any aspects of it that I did not at first understand.
I understand that the cost of consultation is above the Medicare schedule fee, which means that I will incur an out-of-pocket expense. I agree to pay this account at the time of consultation. I understand that in order to be able to claim the Medicare rebate, I will need to provide an up- to-date referral.